BRIDGE CAM ==> Check out live images via satellite from the
Emerald Princess, updated every 2 minutes!

Note: The photos in the posts below are mine. Every day when I get back from touring, I'm choosing the best ones to share. Having my laptop on this trip is a wonderful thing!

Friday, August 29, 2008

A year (um, I mean a day) in Provence

Wow – global warming is clearly evident in Europe. It was as hot here today as it is in Florida! And all the ports after this are even further south (i.e hotter)!

Despite nearly having a heat stroke... the day out in the country visiting Aix-en-Provence and Lourmarin today was quite relaxing. I have to say though, Lourmarin – in my opinion – is definitely not the ‘the most beautiful village’ in France. Don’t get me wrong, it was very quaint and I’m glad I saw it. But by far, the little town of Eze on the French Riviera is much more beautiul (check out photos of Eze from my last trip). I didn’t get to see Marseille, so I’ll have to save that for another trip.

Tomorrow will be a day spent in Tuscany. First up is the village of San Gimignano – then lunch at Tuscan farmhouse (olive oil, cheese, homemade bread, salami – YUM!) - then a visit to the small town of Volterra. I’ve taken this shore excursion before so I know it’s great. I can’t wait to spend another day out in the Tuscan countryside.

So I’m out by the pool blogging via wi-fi from my laptop as I eat a hamburger and watch “What Happens In Vegas” up on the giant jumbotron-sized movie screen under the stars. Ah, there’s nothing like cruising...

There's a great line in this movie (believe it or not). It goes... "I’d rather do nothing and be happy than do something that I don’t love."

Au Revoir for now!

1 comments:

Chris said...

Love the quote! How apropos ... ;-)